UMFC’s Family Services Program aims to support parents to better care for and nurture their children. Our purpose is to support families to develop skills not only to reach their current aims but also to support their family to thrive into the future.
Pre-School Field Officers
Our Preschool Field Officers (PSFO) work alongside early childhood educators and families to support children who attend kindergarten and have additional needs ensuring all children are able to access and learn in the kindergarten program regardless of their abilities.
The Orange Door Ovens Murray
Child FIRST intake function, information and advice service has moved to The Orange Door.
The Orange Door network is now providing family violence and child and family support across the Ovens Murray region including for families in need of support with the wellbeing and development of children.
The Orange Door is a free service for people of all ages and backgrounds to seek help and support.
Call The Orange Door on 1800 271 157
Family Violence in a Child’s World
Family Violence in a Child’s World is a self-paced professional development workshop that can be delivered both online (via UMFC’s Online Portal) or in group sessions. It has been specifically developed for Early Childhood professionals by UMFC’s Family Violence Child Safety Practitioners to promote children’s wellbeing through building professionals’ capacity to:
- Understand what family violence is, how it hurts children and how it impacts their overall development
- Explore how what we think and feel influences how we work with children who are hurting
- Recognise and respond to children’s feelings and behaviours – hearing the voice of the child and providing safe responses to their needs
- Understand how to work safely with children who have/are thought to be experiencing family violence
- Use of mindfulness & reflection to help engage meaningfully with children
- Use books and other activities to help children express their emotions safely
- Explore barriers and strategies for talking to parents about the worries we have for children
- Know how to talk with parents and provide referral pathways for families in a safe and effective manner
Family Violence In A Child’s World Professional Development is School Readiness Funding Approved
Tools and systems required
Information Technology resources are required for delivery of the online package. We recommend participants access via Chrome, Firefox or Edge browsers.
Wellbeing (social and emotional)
Strength of Evidence
Level 5 – Foundational research evidence
Click here to register & enrol for the Online Self-Paced version. (Online payment required by credit card or PayPal.)
Email [email protected] to arrange an invoice and payment by bank deposit (group bookings can also be arranged via this email), or if you wish to discuss arranging face to face sessions.