UMFC’s Family Services Program aims to support parents to better care for and nurture their children. Our purpose is to support families to develop skills not only to reach their current aims but also to support their family to thrive into the future.
We take the position that families inherently know what they need to assist them in providing safe, nurturing environments for their children and as such we offer services that fit with individually developed plans created alongside each family member.
Family work may include:
– Delivery of parenting programs and education
– Working with children and young people to ensure their needs are met
– Enhancing family relationships
– Assisting families to reflect and meet new challenges as they arise
– Case co-ordination to help families navigate the various services involved with their family
– Service advocacy for all members of the family
– Supporting families to identify and link with specialist services where needed
– Linking families with community activities and positive experiences
The Family Services Program supports families with children/young people aged between 0-18 years of age including pre-birth who reside in the Local Government Areas of Wodonga, Indigo, Towong, Wangaratta and Alpine.
Family Services embraces that the term ’family’ has many different meanings and incorporates varied and alternative living arrangements. We do not define family; we support your family as defined by you. For example the Family Services Program offers support where children are cared for by relatives or a member of a child’s social network when a child cannot live with his or her own parents; this is delivered through the Kinship Care Service.