Family Violence in a Child’s World
Family Violence in a Child’s World facilitated by UMFC’s Family Violence Child Safety Practitioners is a one day workshop that has been specifically developed for Early Childhood professionals to promote children’s wellbeing through building professionals’ capacity to:
- Understand what family violence is, how it hurts children and how it impacts their overall development
- Explore how what we think and feel influences how we work with children who are hurting
- Recognise and respond to children’s feelings and behaviours – hearing the voice of the child and providing safe responses to their needs
- Understand how to work safely with children who have/are thought to be experiencing family violence
- Use of mindfulness & reflection to help engage meaningfully with children
- Use books and other activities to help children express their emotions safely
- Explore barriers and strategies for talking to parents about the worries we have for children
- Know how to talk with parents and provide referral pathways for families in a safe and effective manner
Family Violence In A Child’s World
Family Violence in a Childs World PD is School Readiness Funding Approved and fits into the Wellbeing (social & emotional) area with level 5 accreditation (foundational evidence based research).
Follow-up coaching sessions are available at an hourly cost.
These session are available to support services to critically reflect on the implementation of the child focused strategies and resources and will be run virtually via Zoom or over the phone, ideally at 4 and/or 8 weeks after the completion of the Family Violence In A Child’s World PD.
If you would like to make a group enrolment on behalf of your organisation, or would like to more about these courses, please email us at [email protected].